CITY OF MEMPHIS
STORM WATER PERMIT
The City of Memphis Storm Water Program is required by its NPDES Permit to impose controls to reduce the discharge of pollutants to its MS4. There are six general requirements that the City must do to comply with the permit.
- Construction Site Runoff Control
- Post-Construction Runoff Control
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping
- Public Education and Outreach
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination
- Public Participation and Involvement
The City of Memphis Storm Water Program’s mission is to protect, maintain, and enhance the quality of the City of Memphis’ receiving waters for the safety, health, and general welfare of its citizens and future generations.